Gender Pay Statement
Proportion of Males & Females in Each Quartile Band
- Numatic International is confident that its gender pay gap does not stem from paying men and women differently for the same or equivalent work. The gap is a result of the roles in which men and women are employed within our organisation and the salaries that those roles attract.
- For 75% of our staff there is no gender pay gap. In the upper quartile of salaries there is a lower proportion of women and this larger pay gap is the most significant factor in the overall results for the business.
- We have a large pay gap relating to bonus payments. The majority of bonus payments in our business are sales commissions and currently our sales team is all male. This does not really reflect a genuine pay gap but is more representative of the fact that the majority of staff within our business do not receive a bonus.
- Whilst women are represented in all areas of our business including senior levels, the majority of our senior staff are men. This is not unusual for the type of business that we are or the sector we operate in. There is a well-documented shortage of women taking up careers in businesses that rely on science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) skills and our pay gap is broadly reflective of the relative percentage of women who apply for roles within our business sector.
- Numatic International is committed to the principle of equal opportunities and equal treatment for all employees, regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, age, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or disability. We believe that our policies and procedures deliver this equality and that this can be seen in the diversity of our employees and in the roles that they are employed in.
- We are not complacent about our gender pay gap and acknowledge that it is important to encourage all staff to reach their full potential within our business. We will use the submission of the Gender Pay Gap Report each year to review our performance and identify any opportunities for improvement.